Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Insanity

I've been gone a LONG time! Yikes! A lot has happened since I've blogged. I've gained some weight (sad face) , I got divorced (another sad face), and not I'm going back to school! (Yay face!)

I'm thinking I need to get back into the habit of blogging. It made me accountable to myself at the end of the day. I got down to a size 8, and I was comfortable there. I'm now back into 12's and they're getting tight! I know it does NOT help that I work fast food, but I am in school and hoping to rectify that situation soon. I'm going into nursing and hoping to end up in a career as an LPN. I'll be too busy to snack all day. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I can afford to go to school full time, so I can get out of working fast food as soon as possible. I also need to look into learning a new coping mechanism. When I'm mad, I eat. When I'm stressed, I eat. It's not a good cycle for a single mom, with four kids, that's working and going to school.

I've already made the first step by backing off soda again. I let myself get hopelessly addicted to diet coke again, but I've slowed down, a lot lately. I spent about a week without pop to break the craving, and I limit myself to one a day now. Next, I need to figure out how to move more. I know I'm not getting enough exercise to lose weight. I need to find some me time and get sweaty everyday! I'm working on controlling my portions again too. I'm not very good at dieting, I don't know why, but being ON A DIET makes me hungry! But I am also working on eating less at each setting. I'm telling myself, again, that it's okay to leave food on my plate when I'm done. I guess it's a blessing to have a 12 year old boy that's a bottomless pit? He'll eat mom's leftovers in a heartbeat! Ha ha. They're small steps, and I don't want to take them all too fast, because I'm worried that I'll get overwhelmed and give up. I want to lose about 30 or 40 pounds. That will put me back where I felt great, and looked okay to.

I missed my blog, and I'm hoping to post more regularly now.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your looking to go into the medical field anyways and are also wanting to get out of fast food why not try for a CNA license. The classes normally dont last to long, and money wise you can often get finincial Aide to help finance it and if not save up soemtimes they cost around $600 and depending on the place you work, after getting your CNA license,they may pay you back for taking the class.

Being a CNA your busy and on the go which would cut back on snacking, you would be in the medical field already which means getting your LPN would be a bit easier, and when it comes to any job in the medical profession you would not only be making more money, but you would also never be out of a job because lets face it people will always be getting sick!

Sarah said...

I'm in classes for that right now. I'm going to apply for the practical nursing by the end of this month and hope and pray I get in for this next spring. If not I'll have to wait until next fall to get into the LPN program.

Powered by WebRing.