Weightloss at a Glance!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still not losing

I'm still in my rut. I haven't been able to get down my fluids the past few days now. I did better last night than I've done all week. It's keeping me tired! I seem to have a bigger problem with the bottled water than I do with the tap water. I like my water ice cold, or I can't drink it. My stomach tends to disagree though. It's saying, ugh, does it have to be so cold!?

I know I should up my protein, and fight to get my water intake up, but I've been so exhausted this week! I'm thinking about giving my meal replacements another shot. I don't really WANT to, but I know I should.

On the up side my brother's birthday was Monday, same day I started soft foods! I ate a few bites of a baked pork chop, and a couple green beans and did just fine, til I took a sip of water afterwards. I still haven't thrown up, but I've felt like it a couple times now. Anyway, it seems that I can eat just fine.....just can't eat much! I'm having a much harder time with my liquids. I really like water, and I was doing so well there for awhile! I know for about a week I was getting in my water, no problem. I always had some with me, and I drink it....finally.....instead of sip it. I was so excited, now it's more like the week I got home. I'd rather sleep than drink water, and when I do, it doesn't feel good!

Any ideas people? Any help?

4 comments:

GF said...

I know it's difficult to get enough water in -- but keep in mind, there are lots of food items that contain water. Veggies, fruits, lettuce, applesauce, soup... that all counts toward the daily water intake.

Doesn't always have to be water. Crystal Light. Decaf ice tea. Flavored water. Protein waters.

Don't worry about the rut. Our bodies go thru 'phases' that peak and plateau. There's a constant change that's going on and the body is trying to catch up. It's more a mental game. Try to find the 'non-scale victories' during this time.

I don't mean to get so wordy or preachy, but one of the things that helps me is just MOVING. The endophins really do help me to feel better. It's the GETTING moving for me that's the problem.

I also find that when I move, I crave more water. It's a cycle, but a necessary one!

Be good to yourself, this is ALL new and your body is still healing from surgery!!

Susy said...

yup! SALT My surgeon tells us if we feel tired your body needs salt. Try soda cracers, putting salt on your hand and licking it, soups. I added salt to my water. And started feeling great right away. I was not so tired. Give it a try. Take care!

Debbie said...

It is tough but it WILL get better and easier. It takes time to learn how your new insides work, and even later down the road, your body will still continue to surprise you.
Way to go on your life changing decision. I look forward to your updates!

Susy said...

I gave you an award on my blog! Come check it out!!

Powered by WebRing.