Weightloss at a Glance!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Cheating and weight loss

I've lost a total of 33 pounds now! Woot woot!

I have totally been cheating though! I've learned, as long as I eat something healthy, that I can eat just about whatever I want. I just have to chew it to oblivion first! I can't much either, but it is nice to be able to eat something! I had a tiny piece of frozen pizza last night. I picked off all the meat toppings, so it was like toast with marinara and cheese on it. It took me probably a half hour to eat, but I didn't have any issues with it at all! Today for lunch, I had about a quarter of a grilled cheese. Again no problems. I've noticed my first stall a few days ago. I was losing about a half pound a day, instead of a pound a day. Now that I'm eating actual FOOD, it's picked back up again. I lost 2 pounds yesterday!

Is it horrible that I'm eating already? I hope not! I try to make okay choices.

Anyway, that's where I'm at now. I'm 33 pounds down, and slowly getting some of my stamina back now. I still get pretty tired after a bit though.

2 comments:

GF said...

Congrats on the 33 pounds!

You'll get your stamina back -- remember -- you HAD major surgery. It will take a while for your body to recover.

I don't know that it's horrible that your eating, but I would certainly run it past the nutritionist/surgeon. Couldn't hurt, right?

Burgandy said...

Wow I can really relate to you. I'm also an army wife with four kids who was banded on Sept 2nd. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time eating post op. They all say hang in there it will get better but I'm here to say it will. I'm only a couple of weeks in frount of you and I feel stronger and much more sane each day. I think the key for you is to make sure you eat and give your body the calories it needs right now. I have had a really hard time making sure I eat because I feel like I'm newly pregnant and the thought of most food makes me sick. I finally decided to just eat what ever I feel like eating. For example I have been eating Salmon burgers and triscuts for just about every meal. It sounds weird, but thats what I want to eat. Today was the first time I thought about having green beans with my burger. Tonight I have already decided I'm going to have peanut butter and apples for dinner. Just do your best but make sure you eat and stop eating as soon as you think you feel full. I promise if you hang in there you will feel stronger. Congratulations on your band.

Oh and what MOS is your husband? Mine is a 35M MI, or Russian, Arabic linguist/HUMINT. Also, my husband comes home for leave from Afganistan in 12 days for leave and I can't wait. Is your husband home?

Powered by WebRing.