Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Things are better now

I did cheat, and eat some refried beans. I do make them really runny though, so maybe it's not so bad? Today I chewed up a grape, sucked on the pulp, and then spit out the rest.....yummy huh? Anyway, I did buy some Adkins drinks tonight. They're in the fridge so we'll see how those taste in the morning. I am tempted to move on to pureed foods. I was told to wait two weeks, and it's only been 10 days. With the exception of the refried beans, of course, I'm going to try to wait it out. OMG, and I found out tonight that Red Diamond makes little bottles of tea that are already sweetened with splenda! I thought I had died and gone to heaven! Red Diamond makes the best tea! I used to be totally addicted to their sweet tea! Granted I'll probably only do a few ounces a day, a couple times a week. It's still got caffine in it! *BUMMER*

Anyway, I'm feeling much better now. I did get a little ill feeling earlier, while we were at WalMart, but I came home, laid down, and sipped my gloriously wonderful tea, and felt better.

I've lost a GRAND total of 22 pounds now. I'm weighing in at 273 today! Woot woot!

And I wanted to end today with a special thanks to Suzy. Knowing that you were eating refried beans by day 5 helped me justify it at day 8! Ha ha ha. I'd be in bad shape without your advice. The Gatorade did help too! Oh, and Amber, you'd better bet your tiny tush, that I'm eating me some mashed potatoes next week!

Love you guys! Sarah
*enjoy your weekend!*

3 comments:

Kaye Bailey said...

Hi Sarah - Welcome to the world of WLS Post-Ops. You are doing great and I did notice your ticker! Don't worry about the refried beans - learning is all part of the journey and there is no room (or time) to beat yourself up. Just do the best each day and you will be fine.

Cheers!
Kaye

Blonde Naked Ambition said...

You may want to try writing Red Diamond and asking them to create a DeCaf Tea. It won't hurt to ask and they may take you up on it! (Or at least send you free coupons for their products?)

GF said...

Congrats on the continued loss! You're doing well.

I was just reading back and if you are still having problems with the protein intake or questions about what you can/can't eat -- call the nutritionist at your surgeon's office. Everyone is different when it comes to healing after surgery. I was very weak after surgery and I knew it was because I had NO protein. I called and they were happy to talk to me!

Never hurts to ask. ;)

Powered by WebRing.