Weightloss at a Glance!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Better today

Thanks for all your encouragement yesterday. You guys really are awesome!

Today was better. I guess they forgot to send the red cross message Monday, like they said they would. I completely understand. I forget stuff ALL the time. But it got sent today. They called me and the guy was saying, that they couldn't SEND a red cross message, because the surgery was elective. He said that he didn't feel right about that, so what he would do was transfer the message from the area that covers my doctor's office to the area the covers where I live. That would give them a case number. Then Paul could have his NCO's call about that case number, and it would give them all the verified information. So, in essence, they would get the message, but they would have to call the red cross and ask for it. That's okay, but transferring the case to my area actually put it into someone else's hands. I don't know if the woman didn't know the surgery was elective, or if she just didn't realize that they shouldn't send that type of message. But she called and asked me a couple questions, then said that since she had everything she needed, she'd probably put it through within the hour! I usually talk too much, but I knew enough to say thank you and keep my mouth shut!

Right now I'm expecting him sometime Saturday. I think they would have let him take leave anyway, but there are two things I'm hoping the red cross message accomplishes. First, I'm hoping it gets him home longer. The office has requested 4 to 6 weeks. The leave they're getting to take right now is 15 days! Second, I'm hoping the military will pay for the plane ticket. They tend to do that when there's a red cross message involved. Red Cross messages are usually reserved for emergencies. I think this qualifies though, seeing how my backup plan fell through.

Now we're just hoping we can get him home in time for Austin's football game Saturday! Austin wants his Dad to watch him play football sooooo bad! It's funny, cause I talk about him all the time, and NONE of the football Mom's have ever even seen him before! I'm the woman with the imaginary husband! Ha ha ha ha! I'm so proud of him, so I feel no shame in showing him off, lmao. He's really looking forward to helping Austin out with football. Austin and I don't even know all the rules I don't think, so I'm the last person to help him out. I wish I had high speed internet! Austin's sooooo cute in his football uniform!

Anyway, hopefully we'll find out tomorrow for sure. If the message was in fact sent through red cross, if the Army's gonna pay for his ticket, and how long he'll be home on leave. Today's been better, and thanks for your kind words yesterday!

Only 6 more days! I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.