Weightloss at a Glance!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I think I need to eat!

I got really dizzy today, and really really weak. Paul had to help me get in bed! I think it's cause I haven't eaten in like two days! I can't handle the meal replacements anymore. Pre-op they were okay.....not good, but okay. Now they just taste awful and I can't make myself put them in my mouth! I want food! I want a bite of cottage cheese, and I'm tempted to make myself some runny refried beans or something! I haven't thrown up or anything, but I can't eat things that are gross to me. To be honestly, I'd rather eat dirt right now than a meal replacement. It's not only the taste of them, it's the texture too! It's somewhere between runny egg whites and snot to me!

I've called a post-op friend, and she says I should do whatever it takes to get at least two meal replacements down. I know she's right, I know she is! I've tried all her suggestions, but nothing is working! I've even tried my old protein shakes, which I used to really enjoy, but those taste gross now too! I don't know what to do. If I call the doctor I'm sure she'll want me on a feeding tube or something. That's not really something I want to do! I need to get this fixed though, my husband leaves in a week!

I can't have my pureed foods for another week either! Any help would be greatly appreciated! PLEASE!!!!!

Thank you, Sarah

4 comments:

Susy said...

Ok Sarah... this first 10 days sucks. No doubt. I felt like my body was starving. You have to follow your Dr orders and find something that works for you. I did wait 14 days for the cottage cheese and the other foods, but yes it was hard. On day 5 I was hunting down the re fried beans too, I felt like I just needed some protein!! I did fine with a few bites of re fried beans. Are you able to drink soups? Some of the strange things I did that first two weeks were: sucked the juice out of a orange, sucked pickles, SF pop cycles, soup (no cream soup), re fried beans, soda crackers. And for me also everything tasted different post op. Your taste buds may change now as what tasted good before my not now or later. You body needs salt. Try soups, gatoraide, V8. I'm so sorry to hear you having a rough week. Rest and take care of yourself. Each day you will feel better even if it seem so so so slow. I remember! It will all be worth it in the end.

HuGs

morbidly obtuse said...

So refried beans are okay? THANK GOD! I made them a little bit runny with a tiny bit of milk, and I'm chowing down right now one a couple tablespoons of refried beans, lmao. I can handle a couple ounces of tomato soup just fine, but it doesn't have any protein. I'm not really crazy about most soup. I've been thinking of making the kiddos chicken and dumplings and having some of the broth off of that, ha ha ha. I'll have to get me some oranges and some pickles! Thanks for the ideas! I didn't know I could have Gatorade either! Thanks for all your help!

Amber said...

Eat pureed foods! I was having them in the hospital the day after surgery! Mashed potatoes and grind up some of that pre cooked roasted chicken from the grocery store!

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?

Powered by WebRing.