Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Home from the hospital

I'm home! I got home yesterday! Woot woot! I would have updated while I was in the hospital, but sitting up high enough to type was a little difficult.

The first night went really well. One of the ladies from my LOD yahoo group showed up to say hi. She and I have talked quite a bit, and she's one of the first people I run to if I have a silly question, or I get curious about something. Anyway, she introduced herself and asked if I'd been out of bed yet. I hadn't so she started pulling back the sheets, and unhooking stuff! She was really nice about it, and she was a BIG BIG help on getting me out of bed. When we got back she helped me get into a chair to work on my incentive sperometer. Then she helped me get back in bed and get comfy.

Then early Tuesday morning, before the night shift ended and the day shift began, I started having trouble with my pain pump. Every second time I'd push the button for meds, it would deliver between half a dose and most the dose and then just beep like crazy. My night nurse was very attentive and fixed it right away. It would work for the next dose, but beep half way through the second dose. My day nurse however wasn't so great about it. The first two times she was pretty quick to come fix it, but the third time it took her at least 45 minutes. That's 5 doses of medicine I'd missed while I waited on her! Then it seemed nearly every time I had to push my call button, it would take her at least 30 minutes to come fix it! My mom was getting frustrated with me, because I was starting to get upset about it. I found out yesterday, that even the nurse assistant that was working on the floor Wednesday was frustrated with my nurse about it! Then there was an issue with my binder that went around my stomach and helped hold it in place. I liked mine good and tight, because it helped when I walked, when I burped, when I hiccuped. It helped with the pain and all the jazz. Well my day nurse put it back on really loose! So my drain bottle fell out of it, and tugged and that was really uncomfortable! I had to call her in my room and ask her to redo it. I guess she got as annoyed with my morphine as I did, because she started my loratab a little ahead of schedule. I was so happy to get something I could call for every three hours, as opposed to my machine messing up every 15 minutes!

My doctor came in, and saw me Wednesday morning. I was in pretty bad shape because I wasn't getting my medicine, so there was talk of keeping me until Friday. But I had my pain undercontrol as of Wednesday afternoon, so yesterday I felt a WHOLE lot better. I was even able to sleep instead of just dozing off. On the morphine I would doze off for 15 to 20 minutes, then I was up for a half hour. With the loratab I took an hour and a half nap that afternoon, then slept for 6 hours that night, so when I woke up yesterday morning I was pretty sore, but 30 minutes after my loratab I was up roaming the halls, and felt much much better! Dr. Nealson saw me in the hallways, deduced that I was feeling better, and decided after visiting in my room that I could go home if that's what I wanted to do.

So, all it well, and I'm at home now. I haven't had an neusesa, everything seems to be going swimmingly! That's the update for now! Hope you all enjoy your weekend! Sarah

4 comments:

SignGurl said...

Congratulations on moving over to the "other side". Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

Susy said...

welcome to the healthy side! Congrats Sarah. Glad to read your home and doing well... rest

:)

Amber said...

Glad to hear you're home and doing well. Now the fun begins!

morbidly obtuse said...

Thanks guys! You're the bestest!

Powered by WebRing.