Weightloss at a Glance!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Awful day!

I've got a week left until my surgery, and I get some complicating news.

Paul said that his 1st SGT. told him, if he needs surgery on his knee again they might chapter him out! They did the same thing with his shoulder! He hurts himself, on the job, they fix it. Then they send him to the field, before he heals properly, so he can hurt it again. Then they threaten to kick him out of the Army for being broken!

The first time, like I said, it was his shoulder. It had been hurting him for YEARS, before they finally looked into it! Then he has surgery, fixes it, and then 5 weeks after his surgery they send him to the field. His physical therapist advised against it, and was livid when they actually sent him! They send him to the field to qualify on his rifle. It doesn't take a doctor or a rocket scientist to realize that firing a weapon, and it bucking against a shoulder they just fixed, is a BAD idea. I mean come on! DUH! So he messed it all up again, doing what they told him to. There was talk about chaptering him out then, but of course they're deploying, and he's too important to leave behind. So, instead of chaptering him out of the military, the deploy him, INJURED!

Well, not long after he gets back he hurts his knee doing a PT test. He goes to the doctor and finds that he tore his meniscus, so they send him for surgery and fix it. He goes to physical therapy while he's on leave healing. Two weeks after he gets back to work, they send him back to the field, he rips it again. Now they're talking about chaptering him out again!

First, it wouldn't be a bad thing, but it gets my hopes up for a "normal" life! But what really irritates me is, they've got orders to deploy again this winter. (Paul's whole company just got back from 15 months in Iraq November 2007.) I have no false hope this time. I know he'll deploy with his unit....again. That's another thing that irritates me! They decided to up deployments to 15 months to guarantee soldiers 24 months at home between deployments! This entire unit just got back 10 months ago! They're all set to deploy again this winter. That gives them 12- 14 months at home! THAT'S LESS TIME THAN THEY SPENT IN IRAQ LAST TIME!

It's frustrating! It's stressful! I can't believe they're doing this AGAIN! Of course, to add to all of that, we still don't know if they're gonna let him come home on leave and take care of me yet. Normally, I wouldn't be so worried about it. Yes, I want him home. He's absolutely my first choice! I need his help, and the kids really need to spend time with him before he deploys again! But my backup plan leaves for Flordia two days before my surgery! He's my plan, and I have no back up plan anymore. If they don't let him take leave, I'm totally screwed!

It's just been an AWFUL day so far!

3 comments:

Amber said...

You have to have friends/cousins/sistes/brothers that can take turns for the first few days helping, I would hope? Wish I was closer I'd help you out in a heartbeat! Hopefully everything will work out, whatever happens, you need to go through with the surgery for yourself! Things will work out. When is his time up to get out or does he want to stay in and retire? Hopefully he'll get to come home.

Susy said...

:(

HUGS! I feel for you and hoping it will all work out for you and your family. It's time to take care of you. Like Amber said "find friends, or other family for a few days to lean on.

think of you!

:)

morbidly obtuse said...

My mom said she'd take the kids for a few days, but I don't know what I'll do after that! I'm sure my little brother would let me take him grocery shopping, to lift everything, but other than that, not really a lot of help.

Powered by WebRing.