Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Oh NO! My first nervous moment!

I had my first nervous about surgery moment yesterday afternoon. I was at my post-op orientation, and the lady there was talking about all the stuff you'll have on you when you wake up. I was still super psyched, but somewhere in the back of my head was nervousness. My stomach must have agreed with that little feeling, cause it kinda dropped for a minute. You know that feeling, when you're driving and top a hill going too fast? That's what happened yesterday. I'm not scared or anything. I have all the confidence in the world, that my surgeon will bring me through this just fine! I trust her, and have faith that everything is gonna be just fine.

I know I'll get nervous at some point, but I'm really hoping I can save all that for the hospital. Can you imagine 11 more days of nervous? UGH. It's all okay though, I'm sure a distraction, in the form on my husband, will be flying in at Will Rogers in about a week. Ha ha ha ha! It'll be too hard to find time to be nervous until he's taking me to the hospital. We haven't seen him in 9 months, so there will be too much to do! Maybe we'll go to the zoo the weekend before my surgery? The kids LOVE the zoo! Paul and I like it too. We used to go all the time. Besides, I could use the exercise. I don't supposed they can gripe if I walk for 6 hours, lmao.

I start my 10 day pre-op diet tomorrow. We went out for breakfast, and lunch. I did manage to NOT drink while I was eating though, so that's a plus. I even managed to wait 20 minutes after breakfast to have a drink of water! I figured this is gonna be my last day to EAT anything I want, so why not? Starting tomorrow I have to follow my diet plan, and it's something I can expect to be following after I'm back on food again after surgery. The last three days is my liquids only phase! I'm not worried about it though. After a protein shake, I think I'm hungry because I haven't eaten anything, but I KNOW I'm not. I think that's why it's been so hard for me to eat all the food, I just don't feel hungry anymore.

My biggest worry right now..... I found out that I won't eat or drink anything, other than water, while I'm in the hospital. Assuming there are no complications, I'll be there about two and a half days. Nothing for two and a half days? YIKES! I admit that worries me. I asked the dietitians what happens if you get hungry while you're in the hospital. They looked at me like I was crazy and just said that, "That doesn't really happen." Were any of you hungry in the hospital? Not eating anything for about three days sounds horrible to me!

I've got to rearrange my meal plan for tomorrow. I'm supposed to have a shake for breakfast, but I have a birthday party to go to, so I'm doing it for lunch instead. I'm going to have an omelet for breakfast, with lots of bell peppers and onions in it! Then, I'll have to switch my snack and my dinner around too. Austin's first ball game is tomorrow night, so I'll have to eat late. I'll have my last snack around dinner time, and eat my dinner before I go to bed.

My final appointment, before surgery, is the 8th. The last support group meeting before my surgery is the 9th. I would love to go, but that's a lot of driving, and I still need to find a babysitter for Monday. So it's gonna be crazy busy around here! Hope you all enjoy your weekend! Sarah

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so anxious for you! You WON'T be hungry int he hospital after surgery or any time after at home for a while! I had to force down a few bites of food while in the hospital and once I got home. My husband forced me to eat b/c you have to, so don't even worry about getting hungry. I know with me too, seeing food commercials made sick! Wish that was still the case almost 2 years later! Can't wait to hear that your hubby has made it home to your family even if it is only for a short time! Just remember you have your internet support!

morbidly obtuse said...

I know, I love you guys!

Susy said...

Nope you won't be hungry... I had to force down yogurt and soup just so I could take my meds. But blah. You will sleep a lot and remember to keep walking when you get out and can get up. Keep moving it will make you heal faster in the long run. I think it's great he is coming home to take care of you. Wait till next time he see's you. :)

Counting down!

Susy said...

and PS I didn't get nervous. You'll be fine. It will all be worth it in the end. :)

Dorothy said...

Hi I was just wondering I am new to this. what kind of surgery did you have ... I need surgery too but with out any insurance or monies. Kinda hard to.. Whish there was more options for me.. And buying all the helthy food when you bearly have neough money to by the basics it makes it even harder. i know it sounds like a lot of excuses.. But. it is hard. Hope to read more and any help also. for me.

Powered by WebRing.