Weightloss at a Glance!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Paul's coming home!

We finally found out today for sure! Paul's getting leave from the 14th to Oct. 2nd! It's no where near the time we'd like to have him home, but it's something! I'm so happy that we get to see him! I can't wait! He should fly in sometime Sunday he said. Three more days and I get to see him! I can't wait!

I'm a little nervous about only having help for two weeks post op though. I'm sure his grandma would take the little ones for two or three days if I still need help though. Finally, everything seems to fall into place! Only 5 more days until my surgery!

I've moved up my liquids diet. I don't seem to be losing any weight, and they told me that I SHOULD lose 3 to 5 % of my body weight on the ten day diet. I'm supposed to be on nothing but liquids starting Saturday, but I'm starting that NOW. With the exception of cottage cheese. I think I'm gonna have tomato soup for lunch, and just add some beneprotein...yum!

And, I nearly missed this, but I made an amazing find at walmart today! Everyone had been raving about the Magic Bullet. I've seen the infomercials and I've always wanted one. I've seen them at WalMart recently for $62 something. I thought, my blender works fine, I'll just stick with that. Who cares if it's a pain in the butt to wash three or four times a day? Well, today I found something just like the Magic Bullet, only the sunbeam brand! Only 35 bucks! No....wait! It's gets sooo much better than that! It was on sale! Clearance! I got mine for only 19 dollars! I'm so excited! It's just the right size!

Anyway, things are going good on my end. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week!
Sarah

6 comments:

Susy said...

I'm so happy to read you hubby is on his way soon. Things fell into place for you. Thank you for the comment on my blog about my mess with my son. You hit it dead on. I know what needs to be done but it's so hard. Thanks for the support Sarah. I'll be thinking of you next week. When you get home and feel ok be sure to blog cause I'll be looking for you. Take care of you.

:) be good!

morbidly obtuse said...

Oh, I plan to! They have WIFI in the rooms at Norman, so I've already asked Paul to bring his laptop home!

Amber said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you! One less thing you have to worry about now and 2 weeks is a lot to have someone helping you. How old are your kids? Your mom will chip in if you need her! Even for a few hours a day. Just adjust bedtimes to earlier if you need to, to get some alone time. You're strong, you will be fine! Enjoy your time with your hubby and get you some action before surgery b/c trust me after, you'll be hurting! :)

morbidly obtuse said...

Hey Amber, glad to see you back! The kiddos are 9, 5, 3 and 3. The older two are in school, and a little more understanding than the twins. I'm sure Paul's grandma would take them for a couple days if I'm still not up to it when he leaves. I'm more worried about what they'll do to my house if I can't clean properly!

lady esenem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad to have found your blog! It's nice to read about other journeys in WLS.
From my understanding, most people feel fairly decent within 2 days of coming home from the hospital. Needless to say this varies with everyone.
I haven't had my RNY yet, but will on October 7th. I wish you the best during and afterwards. I'm going to add you link to my blog so I can read your progress often.

I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday and sending well wishes.

My regards,
Renlady

Powered by WebRing.