Weightloss at a Glance!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

AH! Run for you life! There's a fat girl at the lake!!!

I usually don't go to the lake on the weekends, because it's so crowded. I don't like to get my fat butt into shorts in front of strangers! But the kids were good today, and they helped me with the housework, and it was unbearably hot, so we couldn't go fishing. When we got to the lake, it was packed, probably a dozen different groups of people/families there! Within thirty minutes, it was me, my kids, and a group of four.....that was it! Do I think they left because I showed up? No, not even a little bit.....I was kinda glad I didn't have to parade around in front of a load of people. (But I still think the title is hilarious!)

I was worried I'd have trouble getting outside in this heat. It was still 102 when we hit the lake this evening. We never go before 4, give it time to cool off a tad. The water still felt awesome! I was afraid that I'd hate it in the heat! My daughter and I built an awesome sandcastle.....by awesome, I mean bigger than the other's we've made. After she showed it off to her brothers, she smashed it really good. Looked like fun to me!

Anyway, today was a good day. We got about half of our housework done before it got to hot to do anything else. The house always gets hot between 2 and 5. Then we went to WalMart.....I needed some fly spray stuff.....darn things are too fast for the flyswatter! (Or maybe I'm just too slow?) Picked up some grapes and plums while we were there, and then we headed to the lake for about 3 hours. I love swimming.

On a negative note: I'm trying to get myself accustomed to not drinking diet coke, or eating some of the naughty things after my surgery. I've already stopped eating rice, and pasta....and I'm working on bread right now. I haven't had a diet coke in what.....like two weeks? I totally caved today though. I had a large diet coke from Sonic. It was soooo hot and I wanted it soooooo bad! But, my resolve has stiffened! NO MORE DIET COKE! (Bad Sarah, Bad!) In the next week or two I'm giving up my potatoes. That's gonna be the hardest part for me. Say a prayer, cross your fingers.....SOMETHING. It's gonna be tough!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ya know, after a year and a half without soda, it's still hard. When I get a soda for someone I take a long sniff of it and gosh it is just so tempting, but I think to myself, I can still have sweets, so there has to be one thing I don't allow myself and soda is it! So many people say different things, but I figure why even tease myself with a little sip! Also, about the fat girl at the lake...I still feel that but now it's the flabby girl at the pool! My arms and thighs are like jiggle jiggle jiggle!

Powered by WebRing.