Weightloss at a Glance!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Long day, lots accomplished

I have my physical therapy appointment today. Followed by my dietary, EKG, and psyche evaluations. It was a long day, but I feel productive! I think they all went pretty good. I like to talk, and really don't know when to shut up, so they all got an ear full! We talked about the "size issues" I've been having. I told the woman doing the psyche evaluation, when she asked me how I thought she would deal with it, if I got down to a size 8. I told her, that I wasn't having this surgery for my mom. I was doing it for me, for my kids, even a little bit for my husband. That I was doing it for the kids my kids will have someday. I told her, as mean as it sounds, I don't care what my Mother thinks anymore. It doesn't matter what she wants me to be. I'll be what I want me to be! I'll be the mom that chases her kids around the yard ALL night....not just two minutes at a time. I want to grow old, and be the grandma that takes the babies to the zoo. (Not the fat granny that says, "Okay kids, lets watch some cartoons!")

So, I feel like I have a new lease on life now. I don't care what my mom wants me to be. I don't care if she thinks I'm too heavy, or if I'm too thin. I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK anymore! The people that matter are supportive. The people that matter don't care what size I am! Why am I running around like an idiot trying to make a meany head happy? The way I see it, that doesn't make much sense, so I'm not gonna do it anymore!

Yeah, I think today was a good day!

1 comment:

Susy said...

I say it's time to take care of you!

Take care and have a good day today!

Susy

Powered by WebRing.