Weightloss at a Glance!

Monday, August 25, 2008

protein blues

I've got to get back on track, starting now. I still don't mind my shakes, but after being disappointed with the taste of my Muscle Milk, I've stopped drinking them as often as I should. (Let me take a second to remind everyone, that I'm still PRE-OP!!!) I had a slightly low protein lab, so the dietitian wants me to get it up before surgery. Just 22 days away now! I don't mind the taste so much, I mean I CAN get through the whole shake. I don't know, I was just expecting something better after shelling out nearly 50 bucks! Just kind of a turn off I guess.

The other problem I've been having is eating as much food as Tiffany has asked me too. She wants me to have one shake within an hour of waking up....each isn't a problem, at all! But it's the snacks, and the big meals. It's just too much food! If I could do two shakes, which is ALL my protein, and one snack and dinner, that I think I could handle. It's just too much food! I can't force feed myself, it's harder than telling myself "No, you shouldn't eat that!"

Post-op will be different, I think. I won't be hungry, and my stomach will be small. I won't have to eat much, just eat every few hours. Why can't I do that now? As long as I'm getting in my daily protein goal, why do I have to eat so much food?

MY meal plan:

breakfast:
protein shake

snack:
kashi bar

lunch:
protein shake

snack:
beef jerky

dinner:
whatever everyone else is having, just eat sensibly.

snack:
optional

The two shakes alone will get in my daily protein, and I'll just make good choices for snacks and dinner. Then maybe I can get some exercise in, cause I won't feel full to the bursting point!

Have a good week!
Sarah

4 comments:

Scott said...

Don't sweat it, you will do fine! Your taste will change so much after surgery, the muscle milk might become your new favorite!

Hang in there!

Donna said...

Ugh! I hate, hate, hate, hate muscle milk!

Might want to try any of the Nectar brand proteins (they all mix really well with water!) the cappucino flavor is one of my faves.

Syntrax Matrix 5.0 is another quality protein. I've had all their flavors, but my favorite is the cookies and cream. Their chocolate and vanilla are awesome too. I also like thier orange cream, but I have to add some SF vanilla syrup to it; it takes like a dreamsicle.

You're gonna do fine! :)

morbidly obtuse said...

Yeah, I was really disappointed in the muscle milk! I haven't tried any of my shakes with water yet. I always add 8 ounces of milk. But I also mix them with a tablespoon of sugar free pudding mix (usually cheesecake) and that helps more than you can imagine! I think I'm gonna have pistachio for lunch! But thanks for the brands, I'll be sure to try those too. Do they have the vitamins and minerals to be a meal replacement too?

Susy said...

Protein is one of those things that is personal. What one person likes the other thinks it stinks. I too love the Matrix Orange cream protein and YES they are a lot of money. I don't find I am saving any money on food cause I spend it on vitimins and protein now. EAS brand is another one I just LOVE.(costco) 22 days, you must be getting excited. Just follow the ladys rules to get your levels up and all this will be behind you soon. Thinking of you. Take care, I'll be back. :) Susy

Powered by WebRing.