Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Comments and Crap

First, the COMMENTS, cause I LOVE comments! You guys are great! I really enjoy reading everyone's blogs. Everyday there's a new post, I get more excited about "joining the club!" The pictures are amazing too! I really can't wait to be the new me. After talking to the GNC guy, I was totally excited that I get to do this for me! I never do anything for me. I'm the push over that's always doing for someone else, because I can't tell people no. Anyway, I love the words of encouragement, and you guys are totally awesome!

And now....the CRAP. First off the meal plan the dietician gave me did NOT go well today. I haven't a clue how many grams of protein I got in, cause I haven't counted them yet. I did it, by the book, for two days, and I am telling you....THAT is a LOT of food! I mean, I'm the fat girl that skipped meals, and only ate once or twice a day. Now she's got me eating three meals and three snacks! I'm sure I can do it after surgery, when I can only eat a couple ounces at a time, but come on! Yesterday I was supposed to have 3 to 4 ounces of a lean protein and 2 CUPS of salad! I so cheated. I had 2 ounces of tuna and maybe 1 cup of a salad. Then I was trying to force down a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese a couple hours later, when I was NOT hungry. It was hot, and I wasn't in the mood to eat. Then I nearly forgot my after dinner, before bed, snack. I had a yogurt, and I LOVE yogurt, but I had to force myself to finish it. Is she trying to make me hate food before the surgery? HA HA HA!!! So today, I didn't have my meal replacement shake for breakfast....I had two pieces of beef jerky. I had my Kashi granola bar thingy for a mid morning snack. I didn't eat lunch at all! I had my shake for an afternoon snack. Then I did a pure protein bar from walmart for dinner. Then after the kids went to bed, I settled down with a book and some more beef jerky. So, let's count that up real quick, shall we?

The beef jerky (times two) that's 42 grams of protein
my kashi bar had 7g
my shake had two scoops of body fortress so that's 52
plus my 8 ounces of milk adds 8 grams
the protein bar from wally world had 17
so that gives me a grand total of..... 126 grams of protein, and my goal each day is 90

So, why do I have to eat so much food?I mean, I could get my protein in two shakes if I wanted to! Heck, that's what I was doing before I went and saw the dietitian. I know it's different after surgery, small amounts throughout the day. But I just don't eat this much food, except at Thanksgiving! OMG, I forgot I had a handful of almonds too, so that's what like 7 more grams, right? Any advice people? My stomach felt weird all day....hard as a rock. I don't know if it had something to do with all the food I ate yesterday, or what was going on. Isn't there an easier way to get my protein up, without force feeding myself? I got it all in today!

That's my rant...hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I think I'm gonna go to the lake!
Sarah

1 comment:

Donna said...

The big goal, before surgery, is to get yourself retrained because for a long time you won't be able to eat very much at one sitting. It's great to lose the weight, but there is that issue of overall health we still have to maintain.

Eating smaller meals, more frequently, will afford you to keep good, quality, nutritional content of the foods intake.

Immediately pre-op I could not eat more than 1/4 C. of cottage cheese... now I can eat 1/2 to 3/4 C. It changes over time.

You could indeed drink your protein, but here's the deal with that (and this is according to my surgeon, so take it for what it's worth -- all surgeon's have different protocols): You won't absorb all the protein because it will essentially run through your body too quickly post-op. Protein from food stays in your body longer and therefore you absorb more. Shakes are great, but always try to get your protein from food first. I do 2 shakes a day for my morning and afternoon snacks.

I know exactly how you feel, when you say you feel like you're eating too much. I was the very same way. I hope I don't sound too "preachy". I am just sharing from my experience. My goal is to stay healthy, not just lose the weight.

Hang in there and just keep trying! Don't give up... your body and health are worth it. :)

Powered by WebRing.