Weightloss at a Glance!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Losing Weight

The kids and I have really been enjoying the lake late this summer. But, as August is always the hottest time of the year here in Oklahoma, the "dog days of summer" have really got us bummed. It's been over 100 degrees the past several days, with no relief in sight. I miss going to the lake too! I love the water! I can't wait until next year, after I've lost some weight. I told my Mom she's taking me swimsuit shopping!

She said that was fine, as long as she didn't have to try any on, lmao! She's been doing Jenny Craig for nearly a year now. She's lost some weight, and I think she looks great. She's kinda stalled between the 25 and 30 pound mark though. She's been trying really hard to stick to her diet lately. She said she wants to make her goal weight, by her birthday. (late next month) Last I heard she still had 11 pounds to go. I feel bad for her, cause she's losing heart. At first she ranted and raved about how great Jenny Craig was, and how easy it was to stick to! She even wanted to pay my membership fee and my first week's worth of food as my Christmas gift. I had to convince her, that not only could I not afford it at the time, but I didn't think I could stick to it. My idea of dinner is something yummy, that I made....not some tiny little frozen dinner I nuked! Yuck!

I'm really super excited about my surgery! I can't wait to lose weight while my husband's overseas....and SURPRISE him when he comes home on leave! They're gonna let him come home while I have my surgery, and hopefully while I recover a bit. Then he'll go back to Germany to await his deployment. I'm not sure when he's leaving, heck I'm not even sure where he's going yet this time.....but about 6 to 7 months after he leaves, he'll get his two weeks R&R! It will be super exciting! I could be smaller than I was when we got married! Then, when he's back from his deployment, he'll take leave......I should have lost most my weight by then! (Or, at least I hope so!) I'm already trying to find something really cute to buy to wear! I'm getting catalogs, and when I'm bored I'm surfing the net. I can't wait to be the smoking hot wife he deserves! I can't wait to chase my kids without running out of breath in the first two minutes! I can't wait to go shopping, and shop in the misses department, where all the cute clothes are!

I was talking to my mom about what size I hope to be, when I'm "done" losing weight. I would be happy with a 10, but to be honest, I would really love to be a size 8. My mom says that's too small. I agree that I don't think I would like to be smaller than that. A size 6 is just too skinny, for ME! It wouldn't look good, I don't think. I mean, more power to those women that achieve that size! It's awesome! I just don't think being that skinny is for me. I've always had curves, and I've come to love them! My husband loves them too, lmao. I know they're bound to deflate, but I hope they don't disappear completely! I asked, on my yahoo WLS group, what size they started out at, and what size they are now....and of course how long post op they are. I got one response, and it was totally uplifting! She started out a size bigger than I usually wear now, and ended a size smaller than I want to be!

I guess that's it for today. I know my thoughts are all over the place....but hey, I never said I was always gonna make sense! Take care, hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I don't know if you read my whole blog, but I laughed when I read your post. I had my surgery Dec 06my husband left Feb 07 for his new job, I saw him every month for long weekends, but that's it. I went through the whole transformation without him. I loved when he'd come home and be like wow! I also laughed with your size desire because I was going to be happy at a size 12 and I thought I was hot shit when I got to a size 14...now I'm a six! LOL. I feel like a stick sometimes when I look at myself. You're going to look amazing when you reach your goal, not that you don't know, but you know what I mean. You're just going to feel soooooo different and look at life so different! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to continue to read about your journey!

Powered by WebRing.