Weightloss at a Glance!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Milestone Wednesday!

(That would be cooler if it could be "Milestone Monday" huh?)

First things first. I went to OWLO for all my evaluations yesterday. It went pretty good, I think. I got that little breathing thingy-ma-gigger. It's easier to do if you're standing up, is that cheating? I forgot to ask. Anyway, I got to learn all about your target heart rate. Got to walk on a treadmill for like six minutes. That was GREAT fun, ha ha. Then there was dietary. My protein levels are a tad low, so I get to work on getting those UP before surgery. Yay, more food than I can possibly eat, lmao. Then the EKG...that didn't take but like five minutes. Kind of an in and out sort of deal, but she said it all looked good. I always figured my heart worked pretty good. I mean the kids check my "heart beep" all the time! They've never mentioned a problem. Then the psyche evaluation. Man, I thought they were gonna ask all sorts of personal questions, get me boo-hooing. I wasn't really looking forward to that part. Except for the fact that her office was below FREEZING, it wasn't too bad. I probably talked too much, so heck she might think I'm crazy. I asked, but she didn't say.

Now, for the milestone.....I went to GNC today!

It gets better...... are you ready?..... I actually BOUGHT something!

The guys was the nicest! I don't know if it's just me, but usually when I walk into a store (especially if I'm toting dirty toddlers) I tend to get ignored. {Note for the future: Don't let the twins jump on a trampoline, right before a trip to town!} I was really kind of expecting that sort of treatment when I walked in the door. I was totally blown away, when he was done helping whoever was on the phone he walked right up to me, and the dirty toddlers, and asked if there was anything he could help me with! I flat out told him what was going on..... I kinda of expected to be embarrassed. I'm so over that, I don't have time anymore. I told him I was having a gastric bypass next month and I needed a good protein MEAL replacement. (I learned yesterday that not all the powders are meals, go figure.) He led me right to them. Helped me pick out the best brand....something that went with my surgeon's dietary recommendations. He went on to say that he'd owned that GNC for 10 years and he's seen lost of people come through that have had it done. He told me that the transformation was really amazing! I left, after making my cookies and cream meal replacement purchase, even more excited about my surgery! That man was totally nice to me, and it was a totally new experience for me! Most people are just doing their jobs, it's just a paycheck to them. This person was helpful, nice, and he even seemed excited for me! Weird huh? I'm so going back to that GNC, when I need something! (And he gave me a free key chain that will hold all my vitamins....cause I tend to remember I didn't take them, after I left the house!

So, kudos to the awesome GNC guy in Stillwater Oklahoma. Hope you're all enjoying your week!
Sarah

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi there! Just came by your blog and wanted to leave you a note. Congrats on our pending WLS! Your GNC guy was right... it is 1 heck of a transformation. I will tell you that the journey just starts with the surgery! :)

Oh, and hey, love your blog colors... they match my bedroom! LOL

Susy said...

You sure have been through the ringer that last few weeks. Drs, dr, appt and so on. Your day is soon. I'm happy for you! Take care of you!

Powered by WebRing.