Weightloss at a Glance!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting down to the wire!

I start my 10 pre-op diet in 6 more days! It's crazy! When I think of my time line in those terms, it seems like my surgery is just next week! I've got to go to my Diet Class and Post-op orientation on the 4th. That's an almost all day thing. And I need to run by academy, and get Austin some football pants. Then I start my diet on the 6th. That should be fun. My nieces first birthday party is the 6th. So is Austin's first football game! Busy day for me again! Then I have my pre-op appointment the 8th! I'm so excited! I can't wait!

When I first started telling people that I was having a gastric bypass, I got a lot of negative reactions. I was kind of shocked to be honest, and disappointed to say the least. That's changed though. All the football Mom's know, and they're really supportive. They ask a lot of questions sometimes, but at least none of them act like I'm laying my life on the line to be thinner. One of the other Mom's actually had a gastric sleeve about three months ago! That's a miracle, seeing how there are only a few of us. (I live in a small town of a bout 600 people.) Anyway, they're mostly really supportive, and pretty curious too.

So, I feel like I have the support in place, even when Paul leaves, to be okay. My brother said he'd babysit so I can hit up my support group meetings. They have them twice a month. (He's trying to get the money to buy a truck, he'll do anything for 15 bucks! LMAO) We've still got our fingers crossed that they'll let Paul come home too. If not, I might be up a creek without a paddle. At this point, I'm choosing to have faith in the military system. It's never worked for us before, but I have to believe that it will this time! I'm gonna need his help, and the kids really do need to spend some time with him before he deploys again!

Anyway, it's getting down to the wire now. I'm still not nervous, just getting more excited everyday! I can't wait for the new me! I keep telling myself....this time next year.....!

Happy Labor Day, hope you all have a blast!
Sarah

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.