Weightloss at a Glance!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

soynuts

I finally found soy nuts today. Braum's carries them! I got all excited, cause I've been looking for them for awhile now. I had looked at three different WalMarts and couldn't find them! Anyway, I've heard good things about them, so when I found them today, I bought three bags of them. I opened one up in the truck and popped a few in, cause I'd never had them before. At first, I didn't think they were half bad. But the more I chewed the grosser they got to me. Anyone got any tips on making soy nuts yummier? I could sure use some.

I found a website, soynuts.com, and they sell them in 1lb. bags. They have 17 different flavors. I don't think I care for them plain, but they have an onion and garlic flavor that's their best seller. I think I might try those! Hope they're better than the plain ones anyway!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

3 comments:

wannabe_loser said...

Funny, the opposite happened to me. When I first had them I hated them, but then one day I sort of wanted something super crunchy and out of the cupboard they came. I've had the BBQ kind, but they were loaded with crap which defeats the purpose of having soy nuts in the first place. BBQ, sea salt, garlic, roasted, unroasted. I usually get the plain ones and mix in dry fruit.

Amber said...

OK, what is a soy nut? The name alone sounds gross! What do they have in them, protein? That's the bad thing with anything good and flavored, usually there's a ton of not good stuff in it!

morbidly obtuse said...

it's a roasted, slightly salted soybean. They're not THAT gross, but just don't have any flavor at all. I do like the idea of mixing them with dried fruit, that sounds yummy! A friend suggested popping a small handful with a small cube of cheese. That sounds yummy too. I think I might try some flavored ones from soynuts.com.....but I've got to get through the plain ones first.

Powered by WebRing.