Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, August 29, 2008

OMG, first WLS emotional moment!

I got this web page off Eggface's blog.

Now, I knew going into this that I would lose weight. I knew, that if I did what I was supposed to, that I wasn't going to be fat for the rest of my life. I've been really really excited about it too. I was just thinking this time next year, I'm not gonna be FAT anymore. I might not be thin, and I probably won't be to my goal yet, but I wasn't gonna be fat anymore.

I didn't realize that I didn't have my head quite wrapped around that, like I thought I did!

I went to this web page. Filled out the stupid little BMI calculator.....only this one asked how much of your excess weight you wanted to lose. Duh, all of it! So I typed in 90%. Up pops this little paragraph, that my ideal weight is 138 pounds. If I lose 90% of my excess weight, I need to lose 141 pounds. It says that after bariatric surgery I can expect to lose this weight over the next 12 to 15 months, and then I can expect my weight to begin to fluctuate up and down a couple pounds a month. Blah Blah Blah. I know all that already. Then BOOM, it says below is a graph of how your weight might change after surgery.



This put it into perspective like nothing else had. My first OMG moment! I burst into tears, like an emotional wreck, because this is a possibility for me! I might not lose 90% of my excess weight, I know, but it's possible. If I work on me, and let the surgery work for me, this is an actual possibility for me! It's finally hit me. 18 days til surgery, and I've just now realized I'm NOT doomed to be obese for the rest of my life! I'm NOT going to be the biggest person at Christmas. I'm not going to be the one that has to get off the roller coaster, cause the seatbelt won't fit! I've printed off one copy of this graph to tape to the fridge. I think I'll print off a few more and put them up all over the house! With my "logical" brain this hit me harder than the though of a size 8 pair of jeans. This is gonna be me within the next two years! I'm not gonna be fat anymore! Just looking at this it's hard to get a grip on myself! (What is wrong with me!?!)

Special thanks to Eggface. This page was amazing for me. (I don't know why I can't stop crying! *tears of joy, of course*) I can't believe I almost missed this! My mind is adjusting to the possibilities. I don't know why I couldn't see it like this before! It's amazing, isn't it? I'm sure there were be many many OMG moments after surgery. But I wanted to share my first!

X's & O's
Sarah

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/post+op+planner.php

2 comments:

Amber said...

So I'm not a softie really, but reading this post just made my eyes watery! It just made me so happy for you, knowing that you've now "realized" what is in store for you! Trust me, it is going to take a long time for you to accept, I guess that's the best way to say it, the new you. I'm almost 2 years post-op and I'm just finally realizing that I am what I am and that is thin and healthy. Sometimes I still can't believe I've been given this gift! I'm so excited to read all about your wow moments and goals you hit!

morbidly obtuse said...

I know right? I am on an official hunt for the receipt!

Powered by WebRing.