Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, June 29, 2007

Dog tired!

I was at the gym for three whole hours today! I have blisters on the balls of my feet now. :(

I jumped on the treadmill for about 15 to 20 minutes. Had to get the sweat pouring, ha ha. I moved on to weights after that. First I tried the computerized ones. They all have instructions on them. They even show the muscle groups they target. You hit this green button and do one rep, or push until you're comfortable. The machine sets the weight for you, and you do 12 reps. Then it says "Congratulations," shows you how often you hit your range of motion, and asks if you want to do another set. I tried some of the other kind too, you know the ones with the pulleys, and the pins to choose your weights. I much prefer the computerized ones! They're awesome! You can up or lower the amount of weight you're using with the touch of a button AND it will give you tips, such as, "release slower." At the end of your reps, it will tell you total weight lifted, and that's always rewarding! So, I did some leg curls, and some leg raises. Then moved on to my arms. Then I did about a mile and a half on the treadmill, and 5 miles on a bike. Then I moved on the the ab machine. I did that several times. My stomach is still a bit sore, but it feels good at the same time. Weird how that works, huh? Anyway, after that I jumped on the bike for another five miles, and ended the afternoon with another mile on the treadmill. It was nice to have that much time to myself, but I don't think I'll be spending three hours in the gym again, until I'm in better shape. I'm gonna stick to my hour and a half. It feels better!

Besides the blisters on the balls of my feet I feel great. I'll probably be stiff and sore in the morning, but I've got a couple days to get over that, before I go back. All in all, a pretty good day! I hope you all enjoy your weekend! Sarah

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.