Weightloss at a Glance!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thoughts for June 21st

Today has not been good. We had Burger King for lunch. I did eat onion rings and half my junior whopper.....no mayo. And then we did a frozen pizza for dinner. I was bummed out. I weighed myself two day early. I had decided to weigh myself on Saturdays, but I NEEDED to see progress. I haven't been going full stem, but I've made little changes. And I've gained a pound! I wanted to cry. I felt, scratch that, FEEL like a total failure!

Today I haunted the grocery store for healthy snacks, because I snack a lot! I found a lot of little things. I grabbed two boxes of those 100 calorie pack, the Oreo ones. I had one pack as a snack, and then my kids found them........they're gone now. I also have a weakness for ice cream. Nearly everything here is freezer burned though, and what's not isn't good for you! Instead I bought some frozen strawberries and fat free cool whip. It was cold, and sweet, and it was pretty darn good as an after dinner dessert. I also grabbed me some of those rice cakes. Quaker makes some really yummy, low cal ones. We like the apple cinnamon and caramel ones!

Okay, so starting next week, I've got my kids enrolled in some hourly care here.....finally. Next week I could only get them in twice, but after that they're going three times a week, for two hours. I'm gonna use the time to go to the gym for an hour and a half. I'm hoping that it will help. I've also decided to start taking my diet tech again. It helps me control my appetite. And I think I need something like that to help take the edge off my cravings.

I'm so tired of being fat! I hate being fat! I don't know how many times I've tried to do something about it, but I just can't get motivated. When nothing happens I get discouraged. When I let myself down I turn to food to help comfort me. My husband's not here to turn to. I don't really have any friends here to help. Food's all I've got, and I'm used to that. I hate it, but it's a comfort zone for me. I want to change it, but I don't have the willpower to work hard at it. I just want to cry!

Well it's getting to be bedtime here, so I'm gonna rap this up. I know this is depressing, but it's what I'm feeling today. I'm pathetic, I know.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Don't get discouraged. I have crashed and burned so many times. And I wanted to look perfect for my wedding - but I couldn't make it happen. It wasn't till just a few weeks ago that I woke up and decided today is the day. Today I am counting my calories - today I am making smart decisions - I was so tired of being mad at myself. Those 100 cal packs are good - I also love fat free jello (you can eat the whole bowl and its only like 40 calories) - and the sour cream and onion rice chips are my new best friend. We can do this - one day at a time.

Groovybabe said...

I'm sorry you are feeling disheartened at the moment but do remember there is nothing easy about weight loss so the efforts you are making far from make you a failure.

Are you writing everything down that you eat? That might help you assess where you need to improve. Exercise should help with reducing your appitite.

One thing to note though is that I tend to stay right away from fast or junk foods because chemicals they use in them cause you to feel more hungry than you actually are. So although you did make good choices while in Burger King, the food you ate could have made you more hungry later on than you would have been otherwise? Does that make sense?

Also, and I am not very good at this, make sure you are drinking enough water (just have plain water) as you can feel hungry if you are thirsty.

We all have up and down days so the trick is to just see the down days for what they are. You're not a failure for having a down day, just human. xx

Lauren said...

Oh hun, It's ok. well I know it's not, but it's going to be. You can do this. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time if necessary. You aren't alone.

Powered by WebRing.