Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Thoughts for June 5th

Today I failed miserably. Not only did I eat BK for breakfast, but bored, at 2 am, I ate. Not a small healthy snack either, but practically a meal! I had an epiphany while I walked at the park today. I have formed my own theory as to my lack of energy.I'm usually fairly lethargic most days. I don't move, I have no energy. I'm so tired most days that I can't wait to crawl into bed! I usually get 6 or 7 hours sleep, but find I wake up just as tired as I'd been the precious night. I couldn't quite figure out why. Was it stress? Anyone would have to agree that I've got more than my fair share right now. My obesity. I mean it's a known fact that heavy people are slow. Or perhaps the depression. Most people know that people that suffer from depression can't find the joy in day to day activities. You sleep to replenish your energy supply, so why am I so tired all the time? And then it hit me; you sleep to replenish your energy supply! Think about it, I was sleeping, but still waking up exhausted. Sleep isn't about stock piling energy for when you need or want it. If you're not USING any energy, you're not going to get extra overnight! Yesterday I moved, I even ran a bit. This morning, it's true I was tired. But it wasn't a "I can't barely keep my eyes open" kind of tired. I got up, got Austin off to school, and got the younger three up. We grabbed breakfast, albeit an unhealthy one, and headed straight for the park. My walk may not have been as intense as yesterday,but it was longer. Then to the PX, where I walked so more. We had a quick lunch and went back to the park. I probably should have walked, but I settled down with a decent book instead. My legs were sore and I'm getting a blister on my left foot. I did manage to play on the playground, with the kids, for about 15 minutes. I've come to the conclusion, based on my new theory, that I've got to get and move during the day if I want to feel rested in the morning. Only time will tell if my idea has any clout.

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.