Weightloss at a Glance!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

eating less

You've probably noticed that I've stopped keeping Food Logs. It was just tiresome to me. Instead I've just tried to make a conscience effort to eat better, and eat less. Before, if we had Taco Bell for lunch or dinner, I would have the Taco Salad, and maybe some cheesy fiesta potatoes! probably at least a thousand calories! Yikes. Now, if the kids want Taco Bell, I just make better choices. Lately I've taken to bean burritos with no red sauce. I got to eat out, but didn't gorge myself with empty calories. I wanted Chinese for my birthday. Instead of telling myself no, I just hand one plate of beef and broccoli. I used to munch until it was nearly gone.

So, tomorrow is my four free hours to myself day, ha ha. I'll probably get about three or three and a half to spend at the gym. I asked, in my yahoo group, if I should do weights, or the treadmill first. Someone told me I should use the weights, to the point of exhaustion, and then jump on the treadmill. I'm not sure I agree with that. If I'm already exhausted, I'm not likely to spend the rest of the time working out. I want to have fun, as well as workout. I think I may work on the weights a little bit before and after.

Well, I'll post tomorrow and let you know how everything goes. And I've got my weigh in on Saturday morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'd like to see it go down at least a couple more pounds. It'd be really nice. So good bye until tomorrow, or the next day. As soon as I'm able to post again! (And wish me luck!!) Sarah

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Just from my experience, the treadmill to get your body all warm and ready, some stretching, then the weights

Groovybabe said...

I am assured by professionals that it is best to do the weights before the cardio because then you burn more calories during cardio if your muscles have just been worked.

I absolutely do not agree with "do weights to the point of exhaustion"- thats the quickest way to an injury!

At the gym I do two sets of 15 reps (so 15 strokes of whatever weight you are using, have a rest for 1min then repeat again) on each machine I use.

The programme my gym have given me is:

15 mins bike warm up, stretches, weights*, 15 mins cross trainer, 15 mins treadmill*, 5 mins cross trainer, stretches, 15 mins bike

* weights - one session I do upper body, the next session lower body. upper body i do lat pull, chest press and tricep and bicep pull and lower is just inner and outer abductors. I also do the stomach crunch every time.

* treadmill - incline of at least 3+

I have to say though that this is quite a hard workout and I wouldnt suggest you do anything like it (its just to give you an idea) without the authorisation of a doctor or fitness instructor. I am quite concerned that the gym are letting you lose without an induction and advice on how to exercise.

Good luck though.

Powered by WebRing.