Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Thoughts for June 6th

I was wondering today, does the amount you swear that any correlation to the number of calories you're burning? I mean, if it does, are people sitting in saunas actually burning calories? I hear once, from a doctor, when I was in collage to drink lots of water and to drink it as cold as you could. She said that your body has to work to hear it up. I mean, I know it doesn't have to work exceptionally hard to warn it up, but work is work, and that burns calories. So, is the act of sweating itself, work? I didn't walk today, but I did move. I cleaned my house up and steam cleaned my couch. It's warming up here, so the house gets hot. And, with no A/C, I was sweating a little bit. When it comes to cleaning the couch the sweat was literally pouring off, my face. Granted it was 2 o'clock, the hottest time of the day. But sweating during exercise makes me feel like I accomplished something. Is it wrong to feel that I've "exercised" because I broke into a sweat while cleaning? I would have gone outside today, but there were storms in the forecast. I'd been procrastinating about cleaning the couch for a couple weeks. So I decided to stay inside and get some house work done. But now I feel guilty that I didn't move enough today! Okay, on to a new thought. Yesterday I wrote about a new theory I had. Well so far, so good. I woke up this morning not nearly as exhausted as I usually am! After getting Austin off to school, I finished the last few chapters of my book and then got everyone up for the day. I started cleaning the dining room up. Amazed, because I usually hate house work. I'm usually so tired I don't want to bother. After that I did the living room. It all took longer than usual because Ryan, one of my 2 year olds, broke my mop. Anyway, I made lunch and played around on the computer a little bit. After lunch I laid the twins down for a nap and got my steam cleaner out! It amazes me that I had the energy to do it all without wanting to stop! So maybe my lack of movement was upsetting my ability to sleep well after all?

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.