Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Thoughts for June 10th

Today was probably worse than yesterday. The true test of my willpower showed itself and I knowingly bombed. Somewhere along the line of a "not so great" childhood the lines between emotion and stress got crossed with hunger. I got mad today. I was angrier than I've been in a long LONG time. I was so upset I was shaking. And I was STARVING! Knowing tat my hunger was triggered by stress, I divulged anyway. Knowing that lines have gotten short circuited and my body wasn't hungry, I ate anyway. It was like I couldn't help myself! Granted, I wanted to binge on pizza and nachos and something greasy and deep fried. I stopped short and over ate on something relatively healthier. It's a big problem for me. I simply do not have the will power to override those instincts. Binging doesn't solve any problems. In fact, it creates another one! But it does calm me down. After I ate, I wasn't raging mad anymore. How do I get past this? If I can't stop emotional stress from triggering overeating, then I'll never lose the weight! How do I get myself over this hump? Is there a way to rewire what's messed up?

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.