Weightloss at a Glance!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Thoughts for June 14th

June 14th, wow! My twins are two years old today! That means cake and ice cream tomorrow! I promise to try to be sensible about it. Can I claim that it's still just baby weight? I mean there ere two of them! Too bad they weighed more than I gained. (They weighed 6lbs. 10 oz. and 5lbs. 14 oz. I only gained 6 pounds.) Oh, I know, I'll blame it on the c-section! Okay, so after yesterday I was a disgusting cow today. But enough is enough! Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I'm going to challenge myself. I've always been competitive. I tried to get a "biggest loser" challenge going over here. The Battalion FRG leader was going to try to get the MWR involved. I haven't heard back, but I'm not waiting anymore. I bought a decent scale and I'm tipping 275! (I weighed in today at 274.5) I challenge myself to lose 15 pounds by July 1st! That's realistic, right?

P.S. No food log today, it's just gross and I can't face it!

1 comment:

FatBlokeThin said...

Hi, welcome to FatBlogLand...lol!

Aim for 2-3 Lbs per week max loss, so 15 lbs by July 1st is totally unrealistic. Your goals must be achievable or you will lose motivation as soon as you start - there is nothing more demotivating than missing targets left right and centre.

I suggest you take a deep breath and consider a LONG TERM weight goal. What do you want to weigh?Then work our the weight loss required to reach your ideal weight and divide by 3 - this is the MINIMUM amount of weeks it will take you to achieve your goal.

If you are serious in doing this, there are a lot of us out there in the blogosphere that are willing to help and encourage you. Your mind must be right though..

Check this out first, hopefully it may be a help to you.

FatBlokeThin - The Fat Blokes Guide To Losing Weight!: Weight Loss MANIFESTO - LISTEN UP!

Best of luck, I'll keep popping back to see how you are doing!

Powered by WebRing.